Which Is Better… Vinyl or Non-Vinyl?
Why Vinyl Windows are Preferable than Non-Vinyl Windows?
Top 7 Reasons Why Zen Vinyl Windows Are The Most Ideal Choice
- Getting vinyl replacement windows in Austin TX means opting for low maintenance units. While other window types may need special cleaning products, vinyl windows just need soap and water for cleaning. In addition, they don’t call for regular or constant upkeep and maintenance to enable them to perform at their optimum potential.
- High quality vinyl windows (that means – made with virgin vinyl) can offer durability and longevity. They can last far longer than any wood or metal windows. In addition, they don’t rot or deteriorate through the years, but will maintain their structural integrity. When you purchase your vinyl windows from us, you will have the support and protection you need for your windows as they come with a lifetime warranty.
NOTE: Companies that sell only fiberglass windows tell a fabulous story about how strong their windows are. It is true, fiberglass is much more rigid and stiff than vinyl. However, vinyl windows are as strong as a window needs to be… even if you plan to stand on them. Huh?
#1. Windows are not load bearing. So they don’t play a role in holding up your ceiling or roof.
#2. Vinyl windows (the ones we sell anyway) are strong enough to be certified in hurricane prone areas.
#3. Vinyl windows which are made of “virgin vinyl” (no recycled product in it) hold their shape and color even in Texas heat. It is the cheap vinyl windows and plastic patio furniture that you hear all the sad stories about.
#4. Quality vinyl windows (like Zen has) have a metal compound added into the extrusion process that prevents UV from fading or changing the “whiteness” for the life of the window. (In Zen’s case, that’s a lifetime warranty!) Most patio furniture does not have that added feature.
- The frame and sash corners of our vinyl windows are welded together enabling them to keep air leakage at a minimum. In comparison, the corners of fiberglass, wood and metal windows are, in most cases, mechanically joined. This type of joint tends to loosen up overtime creating gaps from which a significant amount of air can get in and out. While this can be caulked to address the issue, the caulking will not last forever. After a while, it will deteriorate causing the same problem to come up once again.
- There are issues commonly associated with wood windows that can affect their overall performance. Much of this has something to do with the fact that wood windows are prone to swelling and/or rotting over time when water manages to seep through their paint or cladding and eventually deteriorate. None of these issues occur with vinyl windows simply because the material doesn’t rot even when constantly exposed to all outdoor elements.
- Zen Vinyl windows are easy and simple to operate because of their smooth-action balance systems. Sliding the sashes requires very minimal effort on your part.
- By opting for vinyl windows, you have instant advantage in terms of energy performance. This is because compared to alternate options, vinyl easily paves the way for the design and construction of high performing windows such as the incorporation of interlock designs, air barriers as well as the multi-chambered extrusions, all of which play important roles in ensuring that vinyl windows perform at their optimum level in energy efficiency… again, for the life of the window.
- To improve their aesthetic appeal, vinyl windows are now offered in a wide range of color options thanks to an innovative PVC coating technique, the SureCoat™ Standard Exterior PVC Bond Colors. The exterior of vinyl windows can now be painted with virtually any shade of your choice. At Zen Windows, you can choose from our 14 standard shades and unlimited custom colors in addition to the default white, beige, brown.
Still can’t decide which type of window is most suitable for your home? Contact Zen Windows Austin now for more information.